Re: FR-2LE & AT4022

Subject: Re: FR-2LE & AT4022
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:18 pm ((PST))
Paul,

I finally was able to check out your article and audio clips.
Excellent work! It was nice to hear the two rigs side by side. Both
delivered clean, pleasant recordings. I pretty much agree with your
assessment of accuracy and tonal balance of the two rigs. We haven't
discussed this as far as I recall, but when processing my recordings
made with the 3032 parallel barrier rigs, I always pre-condition the
signal with a slight offset curve to correct for that midrange boost
you mentioned.

Your article, and especially the two audio clips, help us see the
important reality that any method we can come up with for deploying
microphones in the field will render recordings that have unique
characteristics all their own. There's no one right way. And our
individual choices will always be governed by a host of factors
including our varying purposes, our varying budgets, our varying
abilities or willingness to experiment and "diy," our varying
aesthetics, the size, weight and complexity of gear we're willing to
carry, etc.

Thank you for linking to the article,

Curt Olson