Re: FR-2LE & AT4022

Subject: Re: FR-2LE & AT4022
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:52 pm ((PST))
Paul & Rob,

I've now looked at Rob's movie and sonogram, very good way to compare
the clips, thanks Rob.

All this listening is VERY subjective.  The hiss in the SASS set up
which I find irritating to my particular set of ears, I can remove
with an eq notch at 12-13 kHz.  The hiss no doubt goes higher but I
can't hear it above say 13 kHz.

 From what you say Paul, if you had to increase your levels in post
to match Andrew's original, then even more reason why there should
not be hiss in Andrew's recording, compared to yours.  Andrew did
tell me when he bought the MKH20s that he found them noisy and had to
clean something on them, forget what exactly!  One of my new MKH20s
had to be repaired due to loud intermittent hissing (faulty capacitor).

No doubt the filter guru Rob will be able to define more precisely
where the differences lie between the two files.  I look forward to
his analysis!

cheers,

Vicki