Re: question on recording equipment

Subject: Re: question on recording equipment
From: "Krystian Zwolinski" krystianzwolinski
Date: Fri Mar 5, 2010 10:32 am ((PST))
Hello Ellen

If You are looking for inexpensive software for sound analysis, I can
recommend You the Sonic Visualiser. It's an application for viewing and
analysing the contents of audio files. You can view Your recordings in
different ways, make notes or use some plug-ins to analyze your data.
And the most important - it's completely for free. :)

Link to Sonic Visualiser homepage: http://www.sonicvisualiser.org

Cheers
Krystian

Dnia 5-03-2010 o godz. 16:57 robertsonep napisa=B3(a):

>  I really appreciate all the help.  I am so excited to begin recording
songs (I think I'm already addicted!).  I recorded some songs last
summer on a cheap digital camera but the wind and birds in the
background were so loud you couldn't hear the song very well.  I am
still hoping to analyze those songs but I have had trouble finding free
softward to do so.  I tried Syrinx and Ravenview (Cornell Lab of Ornith)
but was unable to make a spectrogram with frequence in Hz which is what
I'm really interested in looking at for right now.  Does anyone have
recommendations on this?  I'd also be interested in any archived rail
calls that I could analyze.  Does anyone have any recommendations of
sites to search?  I triend the Cornell Lab of Ornith site and a couple
of other places I googled but didn't have a lot of luck.