Re: Muriemike and falling snow

Subject: Re: Muriemike and falling snow
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 am ((PST))
Thank you, never mind being late.

As a mike builder you easily get stuck in trying to achieve a
"measurement" perfection which means that you never will put the mike
into production. Okay if you plan to sell thousands, then it might be
worth investing money into having very specialized
parts  manufactured for you and a good company in China putting it together.
But naturesound mikes are not sold in thousands, except some very
special models.

So to me, the question is "when is my mike good enough" and that is
where users come in. Hadn't it been for all Swedish birders who
started making good recordings with the Telinga, I guess I would
never have stopped testing and tuning it....

Thank you.

Klas.