Re: four-channel digital recording

Subject: Re: four-channel digital recording
From: "Gianni Pavan" gianni_pavan
Date: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 am ((PDT))
Hi Robb,
    for your application I use a MOTU Traveler, 8 inputs (four of which hav=
good mic preamplifiers I normally use with hydrophones). You can configure
the driver to show 4 pairs of channels or 8 channels together (WDM driver).
It is a firewire device that can be powered by the firewire cable (you need
to have a laptop with firewire powering) or by external 10-16Vdc.
I have one I used for terrestrial recordings with 4 low noise mics and for
recording multiple hydrophones on both sailing boats and oceanographic
ships. It was always very reliable.
Other nice features: inputs levels in 1dB steps by either knobs or software
control, 192 kHz sampling, very flat frequency response, very good noise
floor with little high frequency noise increase above 50 kHz.
If you need recording software my lab develops one that could fit well with
your needs. Contact me privately.
Gianni

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia