Re: Living with bears

Subject: Re: Living with bears
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:24 pm ((PDT))
On 28/10/2009, at 10:17 AM, Martyn Stewart wrote:

> Nice work, Paul......

Perhaps not the entirely correct answer but iWeb and IE compatibility
appears to be a bit of a problem. The iWeb support forums seem to have
regular "why can't PC users open my quicktime movie" threads...

I refer you to "iWeb For Musicians" and their page dedicated to iWeb
and Internet Explorer compatibility:

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/WebMusic/iWebandInternetExplorer.html

-----

QuickTime

In iWeb, its all too easy to load your media as QuickTime. The problem
with this format, apart from the big file sizes, is that a large
percentage of computer users don=92t have QuickTime Player.
If you are going to use QuickTime, make sure you provide an easy way
for viewers to download it in the same way as explained above for
Safari.
If you have a business website and it is going to be viewed in the
corporate environment, you=92ll have to forget about QT and focus on
using flash. The average PC user in an office is not allowed or able
to install any application.
You can produce your media in QuickTime formats but you should covert
them to flash.
Movies - http://roddymckay.com/VisualMedia/FlashVideo.html
Slideshows - http://roddymckay.com/VisualMedia/FlashAlbumExporter.html
Music - http://www.iwebformusicians.com/MusicPlayers/Flash.html

Optimize

The iWeb development team have proved over and over again that they
are seemingly incapable of getting the software to actually work as
planned with each new version causing users a lot of pain and
inconvenience. They are also too arrogant to consider or incapable of
implementing all the user requested features that their the major
competition have.
Apart from this, they don=92t seem to be able to produce efficient code =

and this is one a the main reasons why most iWeb built sites struggle
to download in Safari never mind in our greatest enemy - Internet
Explorer.

-----

you get the basic idea.

regards