Re: Living with bears

Subject: Re: Living with bears
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm ((PDT))
Max,

No the file is not corrupt.  I just tried an analysis using Raven and
if I remove all frequencies in a band from 8 to 16 kHz, that gets rid
of the irritating tinkling sounds and the recording then sounds more
'normal' to me.  I suspect many folk simply do not hear frequencies
above say 10 kHz.  I agree the loons are lovely but, even after
removing the 8-16 kHz portion, the recording still has more mp3
compression than I find comfortable to listen to.  (Sorry to be so
picky, Kevin and John!)

cheers,

Vicki

PS to describe the tinkling sound I hear, it is like a mobile made of
little pieces of aluminium foil threaded on string, faintly rattling
in a breeze - makes me think of Christmas decorations.........