Re: editing software

Subject: Re: editing software
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:20 pm ((PDT))
On 17/10/2009, at 12:46 AM, Rob Danielson wrote:

> Hi Aaron--
> Considering freeware solutions, Ardour comes closer than Audacity to
> meeting Lily's requirements, but neither support video for sound
> editing synchronization. Another feature that quickly distinguishes
> Audition from Audacity in my mind is the support of real-time
> plug-ins in multiple tracks.  Rob D.

Hi Rob,

I'd make the observation that Ardour isn't quite free, at least if you
want to download a fully functional OSX build. There is an option to
download a free version that disables saving and/or loading for Audio
Unit presets. The download the page requests that you donate and
suggests $70.00US as a reasonable amount. You can get away with a
$1.00 donation but as the developers state on the download page:

--
The Importance of Paying Something
You are not required to pay anything for Ardour. But in general less

cheers
Paul