Re: File Archiving [was: tape digitizing]

Subject: Re: File Archiving [was: tape digitizing]
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Thu Oct 1, 2009 7:45 am ((PDT))
<<Any one running an Apple Mac with Leopard as their operating system
should have a look at Time Machine and a Time Capsule. It has
revoloutionised backing up for me, coupled with something like
SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner and an external drive makes a great
backup system.>>

The advantage to Time Machine is that the user doesn't have to think
about it. The disadvantage is that it doesn't create a bootable backup
of the system. Carbon Copy Cloner does, so that's what I use to mirror
boot drives. That way all applications, with their authorizations, are
backed up outside the compter. All audio files are on external drives,
which I back up manually with Switch Back, which tracks changes to the
source files.

Scott Fraser