Re: Microphone Noise Floor Problem

Subject: Re: Microphone Noise Floor Problem
From: "jmccubbinmd" jmccubbinmd
Date: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:27 am ((PDT))
--- In  Emanuele Costantini <> wrote:

> Uhm,
> I definitely like the original recording. The processed one is
> sounding unnatural and the high end is corrupted, while in the
> original you can feel the air and how the bush reacts to it.
> Maybe you can do some little eq'ing to get the sound you like the most.
> Have you listened to that environment before recording to het an idea
> of what was the original natural sound of that place?
> Pretty nice recording though.
> :-)
>

> Emanuele Costantini
>
> Sound, Media Engineer
> Filmmaker

Thanks for the input.  I obviously need to spend more time thinking this
through.  I may need to do some time "training my ears" to hear things in the
recording.  Next, I'll do the EQ'ing approach.  That is what I have done in the
past, but just thought this might work.  The problem may also be my noise floor
sample.  It may not be that pure, but then again, EQ'ing will probably work
better.

I'll try that and post another sample.  I really do appreciate the input, I'm
very new at this aspect of recording.