Re: In need of a new sound recorder - what should I get?

Subject: Re: In need of a new sound recorder - what should I get?
From: "portellidean" portellidean
Date: Tue Jul 7, 2009 11:12 pm ((PDT))
Hi,

 Thanks to those of you who replied to me query - I greatly appreciate it,
because I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to technology!

 I can't afford any recorders over AU$500 at the moment. So it seems I should
opt for another Hi-MD minidisc recorder. There are a few Hi-MD recorders out
there that are within my price range and could be suitable for my purposes. I
wonder if you anyone could help me make a choice between them.

 I've had a look at the Sony MZ-410, MZ-NH600 and MZ-NH1. The main problem I
had with my Sony MZ-RH1 was the toggle button on the side was too sensitive to
the scrolling function (and so would change the recording level without me
knowing!) but insensitive to depressing (which made going through the menu
hard), it also started to have more 'write to disc errors' which were getting
very annoying.

 I'd also be interested in what other problems these recorders may have that
others have experienced, which may help me make my decision.

 Thanks again!

Cheers,
Dean

--- In  "escalation746" <>