Re: headphone RFI

Subject: Re: headphone RFI
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Fri Jun 5, 2009 10:05 pm ((PDT))
Thank you Kevin. This exactly what I have been doing but always felt a bit =
daft when people speak of expensive headphones for use in the field. For me=
 being in touch with my surroundings and getting in the right place is the =
most critical thing. I know my gear gets good results if the sound level is=
 right and I can crudely monitor what is happening. My Sony MDR's also go u=
nder my hat which helps keep them in my ears when I need them there and clo=
se to my ears when I don't, with no tangled cords. The mechanical construct=
ion is just right (and the price even better!). At home editing is a comple=
tely different matter of course, that's where my studio pair stay.

Chris

--- In  Kevin Colver <> wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
> For years the only headphones I've used in the field are Sony MDR-W08 =

> headphones.  They cost about $10 a pair.  They are easy to slip on and =

> off, I can hear ambient sounds around me so I'm not sonically cut off =

> from my surroundings (could be bad in bear country), inexpensive
> enough to have a few tucked away here and there, and do just fine for =

> field monitoring.  Of course, I use better speakers to analyze my work =

> at home in the studio.  The cord is not coiled.  Despite comments by a =

> reviewer on Amazon, I've abused them (I also use them constantly for
> jogging) and never had one malfunction.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Kevin

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: