1. Re: file types Hi HZ subjects?

Subject: 1. Re: file types Hi HZ subjects?
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Wed May 20, 2009 2:05 am ((PDT))
Scott Fraser wrote:

> ... I've found most of my plugin CPU bottlenecks
> disappeared when I upgraded from a G4 to a G5, & the new MacBookPro
> runs circles around the G5.

I believe that the increased file sizes that are caused by recording at 24 =
bit instead of 16 bit still matter even on the fastest computers available =
today. Copying large files just takes some time due to the limited data tra=
nsfer rates. For example, creating a backup copy of a 2 GB .wav file on the=
 local disk takes approximately 90 seconds on my two years old Windows Vist=
a PC (Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 2.66 GHz with a 400 GB ATA HDD).

Raimund