2. Re: file types Hi HZ subjects?

Subject: 2. Re: file types Hi HZ subjects?
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Thu May 14, 2009 3:18 am ((PDT))

On 14 =CE=9C=CE=B1=CF=8A 2009, at 11:11 =CE=A0=CE=9C, Raimund Specht wrote:

> Another issue that is often overlooked is that the 24 bit format
> option on most recorders provides only a relatively small increase
> of dynamic range compared to 16 bit. I guess that this improvement
> is in the range between 10 and 20 dB even on the most expensive
> recorders that are available today.

This is unfortunately true..
and again marketing blurs the waters of what' s really going on in
the guts of a machine,
The fact is that - strictly scientifically speaking - most 24bit
devices perform @ about 18-20bit.... lol
I once read a book that explained why - I think by Bob Catz(?) - but
I am really not too much into this kind of things..