Re: file types

Subject: Re: file types
From: "justinasia" justinasia
Date: Sat May 9, 2009 1:30 am ((PDT))
> No. I recommend 24-bit for all field acquisition, gives you more room. =

> Downsampling from 96kHz to 44.1kHz won't create audible artifacts with =

> any competent software. Truncating from 24-bit to 16-bit requires
> adding dither first--probably available in your DAW.

I have been using 24 bit, but I have been wondering about the kHz level. I =
understand that 24 bit makes a useful difference over 16 bit. How about the=
 kHz? What are the benefits of 96 over 44.1? I have been using 48 kHz as a =
blind compromise imagining I might get some advantage over 44.1 but save so=
me space compared to 96.

Justin