Re: Lightweight mic stands, and wind shields

Subject: Re: Lightweight mic stands, and wind shields
From: "picnet2" picnet2
Date: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 am ((PDT))
Hi,
    The walking stick would work well on flat ground, but depending on loca=
tion you may run into ground that is very uneven, a tripod with adjustable =
leg length will compensate this and also keep your gear from toppling over.

-Mike.

--- In  "justinasia" <> wrot=
e:

> --- In  Philip Tyler <macmang4125@> wrot=
e:

> > As a birdwatcher I invested in a carbon fibre tripod which is proving a=
n excellent mic stand! I bought some adapters from Hama which convert the s=
maller thread of a tripod to the larger thread used on mic clips.

> Hi Phil
> Which carbon fibre tripod did you get? I've had a search for them. I foun=
d "Gitzo GT0541 tripod" which extends up to 142cm (should that be OK for he=
ight?), weighs only 0.78kg which sounds great, but, costs 276 English pound=
s, which is more than I was hoping to pay. Did you find a cheaper one?

> Also, didn't someone mention they were looking for a mic stand that they =
could use as a walking stick? Well, while searching I found this:
> http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/products.asp?PT_ID=3D567
>
> Wouldn't suit me as it looks like it will only work on level ground, but =
might please whoever was searching for that!