2. Re: Speakers for Editing

Subject: 2. Re: Speakers for Editing
From: "greghpr" greghpr
Date: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 am ((PDT))
I hope not too late for this - the Adam A7's are an excellent monitor for a
reasonable price - they are one of those products that sets a price/quality
standard. (of course dynaudio and genelec also have some excellent products)

the Adam's are wonderfully clear with  excellent spatial imaging.

re 40Hz - go by your ears on the speakers to hear if the bass is 'flabby'
(indistinct) or not, in reality your room is unlikely to be good at low
frequencies. But I find my Adam's maintain quality to as low as i can
reasonably expect.

Greg

--- In  Max Catterwell <>
wrote:

> Thanks to those who have replied to my comment; it's good to know I'm
> not alone!
> Stuart, it sounds as if your early life had similarities to my own.
> Where you were in the steel industry, I was in the timber industry, and
> the planing mills produced extremes of sound so intense, that you had to
> shout loudly into someones ear to be heard! This was of course in the
> days before ear protectors and health and safety rules. Incidentally I
> was interested to hear you use an ME66 in a dish; I'll maybe contact you
> about this as I have a couple not being used.
> Danny, you may have slightly misunderstood what I meant. I am not poor
> and could go out and spend a couple of thousand pounds on speakers if I
> wanted to, but with my hearing problems I'm not sure it would help me.
> Greg's comments I found of interest, and probably the 'big picture' is
> what I get and enjoy. Certain sounds thrill me; Vicki's Lyrebird
> recordings are one example. I may not be hearing all that the more
> blessed amongst you hear, but what I do hear is pure joy.
> Max

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: