1. Re: Speakers for Editing

Subject: 1. Re: Speakers for Editing
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:56 am ((PDT))
Thanks to those who have replied to my comment; it's good to know I'm
not alone!
Stuart, it sounds as if your early life had similarities to my own.
Where you were in the steel industry, I was in the timber industry, and
the planing mills produced extremes of sound so intense, that you had to
shout loudly into someones ear to be heard! This was of course in the
days before ear protectors and health and safety rules. Incidentally I
was interested to hear you use an ME66 in a dish; I'll maybe contact you
about this as I have a couple not being used.
Danny, you may have slightly misunderstood what I meant. I am not poor
and could go out and spend a couple of thousand pounds on speakers if I
wanted to, but with my hearing problems I'm not sure it would help me.
Greg's comments I found of interest, and probably the 'big picture' is
what I get and enjoy. Certain sounds thrill me; Vicki's Lyrebird
recordings are one example. I may not be hearing all that the more
blessed amongst you hear, but what I do hear is pure joy.
Max