Re: field recorder list

Subject: Re: field recorder list
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 am ((PDT))
At 10:05 AM -0700 3/16/09, Dan Dugan wrote:
>I'm thinking there should be two charts. One with all the specs, the
>other, for the "what should I buy" person, with summary descriptions
>of the pros and cons of each machine like "very little hiss, meters
>hard to read in sunlight, battery life great."
>
>-Dan

Hi Dan--
I agree the chart is on the verge of over-loading and personal
summaries/accounts are very useful.  How about this?  After a person
uses the spreadsheet to sort the features and find the units she/he
wants to research closer, one cell could contain links to personal
accounts. We could name the links in a model number-reviewer format
like, "Ares-MII-DD." I'm concerned about creating an endless
editing/update task for me or others.

This way, people post or upload reports and then send me a link to
add to the chart. For people who'd like to get their feet wet in
simple web-page publishing at the same time, Googledocs is a free
service where one types into an on-line "ms word" doc and then
publishes it to the web. You can insert photos in the text too.
http://www.google.com/google-d-s/tour1.html

Here are the terms: My enthusiasm will be proportional to the the
help I receive. (No one has volunteered to help fill-in data yet).
Rob D.