Re: Custom shockmount/windshield for RODE NT1-As

Subject: Re: Custom shockmount/windshield for RODE NT1-As
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:53 am ((PST))
Hi Tom,
Thanks for sharing your ideas. Have fun with your nt1a's. For me the
challenges with wind, vibration, and weight are well worth the effort
once you find a still morning in a quiet setting. A while back (2004)
I had mine setup similar to yours though mine were closer together ~
13cm and angled 90 deg - not quite ORTF but it worked.
Here are links to several on my Sound Journal page recorded with that
configuration using a PMD670 recorder.

http://www.rockscallop.org/ear/jh-040427-sll.mp3

http://www.rockscallop.org/ear/jh-040509_saw-whet.mp3

http://www.rockscallop.org/ear/JH-040520-Crickets.mp3