Re: Edirol UA-25EX (question)

Subject: Re: Edirol UA-25EX (question)
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Fri Jan 9, 2009 8:44 am ((PST))
Klas, you wrote:

> The Edirol UA-25EX has a mic preamp with separate sensitivity
> adjustments + optional compressor / limiter with adjustable threshold
> + phantom power converter + heaphone amp + analog RCA line outputs.
> This is exactly what lots of people need, in a package that is not so
> big and at a reasonable price.
>
> It's very unlucky if it needs to communicate with a PC to perform
> those qualities.
> But I do not understand such things.

Hi Klas,

Such an audio interface could be combined with one of the small,
light-weight and cheap Netbook computers that recently appeared on the
market. The SAMSUNG NC10 (http://tinyurl.com/66wxlq) for instance
costs less than $500 and comes with a 160 GB hard drive. So, such a
Netbook recording system would be cheaper than any other professional
audio recorder with an integrated hard disk. Of course, it would be
less portable and a bit harder to use, but I'm sure that it would be
an appropriate solution for some (more or less stationary)
applications in the field.

Regards,
Raimund