1. Re: mkh hiss in quiet locations...

Subject: 1. Re: mkh hiss in quiet locations...
From: "Juan Carlos Blancas Avil=E9s" hexresedit
Date: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:36 am ((PDT))
Hi, below the response from Sennheiser
Germany about hiss issue on MKH.
Best regards,
jc

Thank you for your message.
We agree to our spanish colleagues in terms of the mic. The effects
of your
measurements could be caused in the different techniques of measurement.

Two methods are:

Equivalent noise level
The output signal of every microphone always includes a low noise
signal in
addition to the useful signal. In order to illustrate the extent of the
noise voltage, it is given as a fictitious sound pressure level. In an
ideally noise-free microphone, a sound pressure level of this magnitude
would result in an output voltage of the magnitude of the noise. Self-
noise
is measured and weighted either in accordance with CCIR 468-3 or =96 in =

order
to assimilate the measured result with the listening impression of the
human ear =96 in accordance with DIN/IEC 651 (so-called A-weighted).
Studio
condenser microphones generally have an equivalent noise level of
between
20 and 30 dB (CCIR) or between 10 and 20 dB(A).

Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3
The output signal of every microphone always includes a low noise
signal in
addition to the useful signal. In order to illustrate the extent of the
noise voltage, it is given as a fictitious sound pressure level. In an
ideally noise-free microphone, a sound pressure level of this magnitude
would result in an output voltage of the magnitude of the noise. Self-
noise
is measured and weighted either in accordance with CCIR 468-3 or =96 in =

order
to assimilate the measured result with the listening impression of the
human ear =96 in accordance with DIN/IEC 651 (so-called A-weighted).
Studio
condenser microphones generally have an equivalent noise level of
between
20 and 30 dB (CCIR) or between 10 and 20 dB(A).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or our
partner in
spain.

El 08/09/2008, a las 6:46, Rob Danielson escribi=F3: