Anyone else using an ME66/K6 with an Indian blimp?

Subject: Anyone else using an ME66/K6 with an Indian blimp?
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 am ((PDT))
I have finally got around to doing some experiments with an ME66/K6
mounted in the Indian blimp I bought a while back. On my first 'in
field' test, I got some disturbing distortions which had me slightly
puzzled at first. Further investigation last night found the cause.
Simply put, it's the microphone getting into a 'speed wobble' in the
suspension mounts while hand holding. For anyone not familiar with
the design of this piece of equipment, see the eBay ads (search
windkorb). One of the suspension mounts is near the back (handle
end), and the other is approximately midway. Now this works fine with
for example an AT3032, but with a long jobby like the ME66/K6 combo,
and the position it HAS to be in so as not to be touching the blimp
housing, the front end of the mic is in a top heavy unbalanced state.
This is what was/is causing the distortion/vibration. The solution is
clearly to modify the forward mounting position. I intend as soon as
I can, to cut a new mounting position approximately a couple of
inches forward of the present front position, which will then give a
more equal support. This position will be determined by the rearmost
slot in the ME66.
I post this mainly as a heads up to anyone contemplating buying one
of these blimps, intending to hand hold with a long mic.
Max