Re: Anyone else using an ME66/K6 with an Indian blimp?

Subject: Re: Anyone else using an ME66/K6 with an Indian blimp?
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:02 am ((PDT))
Hi Alan,
Simply put, I used woodworking methods. Having first established the
notch position I marked across the top with a small knife. I then marked
the depth with a small violin makers marking gauge. Holding the rail in
a bench vice I next cut the forward and rear extremities down to depth
with a small fine toothed hacksaw. Finally I used a one inch bevelled
chisel to pare down, first at forty five degrees each end down to depth,
and then removed the excess to complete. The drilling of the screw hole
is best done by cramping the suspension frame accurately in place (I
used a small model  makers cramp) and using the hole in this as a guide.

This plastic works very easily with a sharp chisel. I should however
point out that I was trained as a joiner, and I therefore have the
necessary skills. Another method is obviously to mill it out if you have
the equipment; it would be quicker and simpler still.
If you have any other questions, mail me privately and I'll b e glad to hel=
Good luck!
Max