Re: How long? (was: Critter IDs - North Central Minnesota)

Subject: Re: How long? (was: Critter IDs - North Central Minnesota)
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 pm ((PDT))
> Has anyone tried this approach and found it to be a bad idea for any
> reason? Maybe I need to edit it both ways and get reactions from
> several people.
>
> Curt Olson

Yes, no way to really know without trying it. Either way, or other
creative transitional schemes, might work depending on the material
and the audience.

A couple years ago, I sent a bunch of 10 minute recordings to a friend
for his radio show. The 10 minute length seemed to work well as a
transitional prelude (or whatever that's called in the radio biz)for
the early morning show on community radio. I keep meaning to put some
of those together as an album when I find the time.

Right now I am working with a ~20 minute stand alone model - long
enough to hold their own context, and marketed as as singles to the
ipod generation, yet three or four will fit nicely on a CD or zipped
in a mp3 album.

John Hartog
www.rockscallop.org