Re: How long? (was: Critter IDs - North Central Minnesota)

Subject: Re: How long? (was: Critter IDs - North Central Minnesota)
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:13 am ((PDT))
John Hartog wrote:

> Your 12 minute recording would work great on a variety album (CD or
> mp3) of 6 to 10 recordings of fairly similar length.

This is exactly the alternate model I've been considering. Twice
recently, soundscape clips have been posted here of approx. 12 to 13
minutes in length. Both times have generated comments that the length
was real nice. I was already thinking along these lines, so the
comments jumped out at me. There might be subtle transitions within
many of these cuts, but each one would basically represent one location
or time -- one "scene."

Has anyone tried this approach and found it to be a bad idea for any
reason? Maybe I need to edit it both ways and get reactions from
several people.

Curt Olson