Re: Rob/Curt rig tried out

Subject: Re: Rob/Curt rig tried out
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Tue Jul 1, 2008 11:51 pm ((PDT))
Those Rode NT-2000s are very tempting, especially after Rob's
experience leaving his outdoors all last winter and spring.

I agree with Rob that a stronger "center" in your stereo image would
probably help give you a better sense of depth. I usually establish my
initial setback distance indoors with several sound sources, and then
move outdoors to confirm localization with more distant sounds and make
minor adjustments if needed. Maybe you can try moving your NT-2000s
closer toward the leading edge of the boundaries and then angling them
slightly outward to see what that does. You might also want to play
with that variable pattern control to see what happens when you move
from the Omni setting toward the Cardioid setting.

I'd say your MZ-RH1 with ART Phantom power box might be sufficient for
a while, except in the quietest locations.

Please let us hear more of your progress, okay?

Curt Olson