Olympus LS-10 again

Subject: Olympus LS-10 again
From: "Debbi B" dgbrusco
Date: Tue Jul 1, 2008 9:36 pm ((PDT))
Since there's a lot of talk about this on this list, I'll post this
sample. I did receive my recorder and tried it with my Rolls PB224 and
Rode NT-1A (which I already had). This is a snip from that setup, at a
place which is off of and below Skyline Blvd. south of Page Mill Road
(thus the car noise). I have done nothing to it except cut out some
annoying motorcycles. With headphones, you can hear fluttering of bat
wings, which I didn't realize were even flying around until I heard it
and then saw fly by me.

http://moonlittrails.com/sounds/LS100031_clip1.mp3

I do find it easier/quicker to operate than my Sony HIMD, for my
purposes. Especially annoying is having to reset the Sony to manual for
the mic, every time, and forgetting to move the recorder far enough away
from the mic to avoid recording the disc noise. Plus, the buttons are
larger on the Olympus. Since I often record at night, it's much easier
with the Olympus. It would be nice to be able to dispense of the Rolls,
but oh well...

I've also put a short snip of a recording just after the first one, with
the built-in mics (I think--I really need to remember to say something
at the beginning!)

http://moonlittrails.com/sounds/LS100032_clip2.mp3

--
/Debbi Brusco/