Re: [gear] Sound Devices 788 T announced

Subject: Re: [gear] Sound Devices 788 T announced
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:09 pm ((PDT))
We have this discussion, and not to rehash, but some of us like to
record at 96k to capture higher frequencies for various purposes,
either scientific research, or in my case, for pitching those
recordings down. 96k pitches to half speed much nicer than a 48k
recording.

The general thought on this is simply this, why wouldn't they give us
the 'option' of recording at 96k. All their other recorders go to
Message: 192k.
Subject: I know this is aimed at production sound recordists, and 48k is
fine for them. But they should have offered 96k, as was noted, even if
that meant only 6 tracks recordable if HD speed is an issue.

It's a bummer.