Re: Pistol grip , shock mount , and windscreen opinions

Subject: Re: Pistol grip , shock mount , and windscreen opinions
From: "William Ruscher Jr." immonacan99
Date: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:46 am ((PDT))
 I appreciate all the replys to my post !
Walt, I enjoyed your website. Your stereo setups and great sounding
recordings have got me thinking about how my Philippine toad chorus
and cicada recordings would have sounded in stereo. I am hoping to
get out and find some W Chorus Frogs (and other species) this early
spring here in NY. I'm wondering if the Iroquois NWR here would allow
me to record within the refuge after dark, and I'm going to give them
a call. I'll use my mono setup for this season, and probably order
the Rycote pistol grip/shockmount for the ME66, due to budget
restrictions. The Sennheiser stereo mount with the zeppelin cover is
something I'll think about in the future. As for the Lightwave EQ
windscreen, I'll try it out with the ME66 in the wind, and write a
review on my results. Thanks Phil, for the recommendation on the
Softie windscreen.
Rally, the shockmount/grip/windscreen with blimp looks good and has
lots of good feedback on Ebay, and the price is sure right. I guess
the test of time will show how this equipment holds up in field use.
Thanks for pointing out the link, and I'm interested to hear if the
India based company replies to your questions.
I'll certainly be experimenting with stereo recording in the future.
Many good portable homemade ideas I've seen from group members using
the AT3032 and Sure 183 omni mics.

Regards,

        Bill

--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:

> Posted by: "William Ruscher Jr."
>
> > I was thinking that the Rycote Softie (medium size shockmount)
with