Pistol grip , shock mount , and windscreen opinions

Subject: Pistol grip , shock mount , and windscreen opinions
From: "William Ruscher Jr." immonacan99
Date: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:54 am ((PDT))
I was recently able to pick up a used Sennheiser ME66/K6 package that
included a Lightwave EQ 106 windscreen, that I plan to use this
spring, in the field.
First, I would like to please ask opinions on the performance of the
Lightwave EQ windscreen, by any members that have used it, or have
any info on it.
I've also been trying to decide between several pistol grip /shock
mount combos ,to use with the ME66/K6 and Lightwave windscreen in the
field.
I was thinking that the Rycote Softie (medium size shockmount) with
pistol grip, would work well.  I have heard good things on this group
and on various birding forums, about it. Looking at pictures on the
web, I am thinking that it will fold down for storage (by the angle
ajustment knob(?))so that I can carry it in my equipment backpack on
hikes, although the description of the Rycote does not specify this
on the websites that I've visited. I have also considered the
Reinhardt pistol grip/ shockmount that is more expensive, but has 3
shock mounts included for small, medium, and large diameter shotgun
mics, and a soft gel material built in the pistol grip for less hand
fatigue, while holding. Has anyone used one of these grips ?  Either
one of these grips/mounts will beat what I have been using (a mini
ultrapod with the folded legs wrapped in foam pipe insulation).
Thanks in advance for any opinions.... that will certainly help me to
decide.

Best Regards to All,

Bill