Re: mkh-8020

Subject: Re: mkh-8020
From: "Mike Feldman" gidney_n_cloyd
Date: Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:57 pm ((PST))
On 09 Jan, 2008, at 8:56 PM, Martyn Stewart wrote:
> Has anyone in the group used a couple of mkh-8020's yet,
>  did i miss a report? ...

Not here.

> I would appreciate any info before i delve into the market again..

I've been watching for reviews in various places ... rec.audio.pro
and r.a.m.p.s, and prosound and gearslutz fora ... there was one
actual review and some sound files posted, and I'm having trouble
finding them again.

Just found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D08XJDa-_jsY
which is the cards 8040.

And yea, I'd like to see Ty Ford or Scott Dorsey or the like
do a review of the 8020s, or even the 8040s before I plop
down a couple grand to try a pair to see if I like them better
than the AT3032s.  And how much more for the 8040
capsules only if you already have the 8020 with bodies?

Speaking of which, anyone use the Rode NT55s, which
come with both omni and cardioid capsules?  How do
those stack up against the AT3032s?

-- Mike