Re: Shure WL183 jack wiring

Subject: Re: Shure WL183 jack wiring
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:44 am ((PST))

Walt Knapp wrote:

> I should point out that if you have phantom power and XLR that the
> mics come in another form as well, the MX183 include a phantom powered
> preamp module with each mic. The preamps are available separately too.
> The preamps don't provide much gain but do solve the power problem.

Thank you for this, Walt. It rung a faint bell for me. From Shure's web
site, it looks like the mic capsule and cable are the same for MX183
and WL813. R183B is the capsule. C122 is the cable. Those two, together
with the miniature 4-pin connector, are called the WL183. Connect that
combination to the RK100PK in-line preamp, and you have MX183, which is
good to go into a P48 input. Does that sound correct?

I'm interested, as I'd like to be able to run my 183s directly into my
FR-2LE, which has only P48. But at $94.95 each,

http://tinyurl.com/2tktp

I might be interested in a DIY mod that would work.

Rob, is there a chance you can point us to such a mod?

Curt Olson