Auto recording

Subject: Auto recording
From: "Roger Norwood" bigrogsound
Date: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:08 pm ((PDT))
Here is a site I found whilst idly dabbling around the web, they do a coupl=
e of gadgets I haven't seen mentioned on this site and I know some lurkers =
have asked in the past for automated kit.
visit www.wildlifeacoustics.com and check out their

'Song Meter Autonomous Digital Field Recorder'
Song Meter is a cost-effective digital audio recorder specially designed to=
 monitor wildlife populations, such as birds and frogs, in harsh outdoor en=
vironments over extended periods of time.

You can program Song Meter to record automatically on a schedule. Song Mete=
r has the battery life and memory capacity to record for almost 80 hours sp=
read out through several weeks, or even months.

Song Meter recordings can also be analyzed automatically by Song Scope

and 'Song Scope Bioacoustics Monitoring Software.'
Song Scope software automatically detects and identifies birds, frogs, and =
other wildlife vocalizations in field recordings using sophisticated patent=
-pending digital signal processing algorithms.

Field biologists can use Song Scope to easily and efficiently analyze long =
field recordings made by autonomous recording devices to study population d=
ensity, migration patterns and the behaviour of specific wildlife species.

Apologies if I am covering old ground but it was new to me.
cheers
BigRog

Roger Norwood