Zoom H2 with Sennheiser ME 66

Subject: Zoom H2 with Sennheiser ME 66
From: "Adam Welz" adamwelz2
Date: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:10 am ((PDT))
Hi All

Note: I'm a complete newbie and know v little about the technicalities of a=
udio.

I've recently acquired a Zoom H2 and use it with a Sennheiser ME 66 (with K=
6 power module) straight into the minijack mic input, gain set to M and rec=
ording level to 100.

So far I've been mighty pleased with my bird recordings - they're easily be=
tter than a lot of the stuff that gets sold on commercial bird call CDs. Pe=
rhaps someone with a stronger tech background can comment on how quiet this=
 setup really is vs other shotgun mics in a similar price class?

My major problem with the H2 is that the buttons aren't always responsive u=
nless you press them hard.

I'd like to find out how to build a pad into the line linking the mic and t=
he recorder so that one channel can be a bit less loud than the other becau=
se I'd like to be able to have the option of a less-loud version of whateve=
r I'm recording.

Can anyone point me to a website or instructions on how to do this, and als=
o recommend the 'strength' of pad to build in? 12 decibels? 20?

Also, any other ideas for getting even better recordings with this mic woul=
d be appreciated!

Regards

Adam Welz

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good  http:=
//uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html