Re: Flashmic

Subject: Re: Flashmic
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Mon Oct 8, 2007 8:05 am ((PDT))
I want to stay away from the zoom and minidisk recorders, Danny. they
(i believe) are a little noisy in quiet situations and i don't like
the proprietary software you have to use for minidisk.. When my
mallard decoy went down, i had a couple of ECM-55B's with a
sennheiser EW500 Transmitter, they sounded great and of course i
recorded onto the 722. I don't fancy strapping the Nagra to the boat
either! Weight is another factor to take into consideration. I have
had success with a Rubber ring and long cables with a couple of
MKH-20'S but i need to get out further to these duck "rafts"
I have a flashmic on its way from the UK to play with so i will keep
you posted...

Martyn
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org