Re: Flash equipment question from a science reporter

Subject: Re: Flash equipment question from a science reporter
From: "Matthieu Crocq" matthieucrocq
Date: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:10 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "Molly Bentley"

> I just joined the naturerecording group on suggestion of
> Bernie Krause.  I'm a radio science reporter and thinking of
> updating my recording equipment.  I use a 7-year old
> minidisc recorder, if you can believe it!  I'm thinking of
> investing in a flash recorder.

You may also have a look at Transom.org's digital recorders
comparison, specially aimed at radio reporters and producers:
http://www.transom.org/tools/recording_interviewing/200703_recorder_reviews=
/

Clicking on a recorder's name will give you access to serious
reports by Transom's columnist Jeff Towne -- and don't forget to
read the following discussions ("Discuss in Talk" at the bottom
of the tests), they're sometimes really relevant.

Best regards,
Matthieu