Re: need some advice

Subject: Re: need some advice
From: "ortfmic" ortfmic
Date: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am ((PDT))
Ed,

New kid on the block? With your background you can show us a thing or
two. I too encourage you to look at the products from Sound Devices
because they make excellent recorders that have quiet pre-amps and the
company is just a phone call away; however, you'll probably never have
to call them because their documentation is comprehensive.

Regards,
Tom

--- In  Edward Schnabl
<> wrote:

> I'm a new kid on the block and need some hardware help.....I'm not
new to recording...retired recording eng. for RCA, Chicago and am real
familiar with the sweet sound of the Neumann U-47 direct to a Willy
Studer traveling at 30 IPS......but... Now would like to retire my old
Uher 4000L and get one of these new-fangled digital things... Read
about the Marantz PMD 660, Fostex, Sony, M-audio Microtrack and the
702 and 722 by sound devices.  If I wanted a good portable unit for
both nature and music...could I ask for an honest opinion from someone
with familiarity with any or all of these ?   Many thanks in
advance.... Ed Schnabl