Re: Recommendations for best OSX EQ?

Subject: Re: Recommendations for best OSX EQ?
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Thu Jul 5, 2007 12:16 am ((PDT))
Hi Rob,

The recording was made at Anakie Gorge, close to Geelong, in
Victoria, Australia.  The point at which I did the recording was
quite narrow maybe 10 metres wide and had bare rock walls on each
side but opened out into quite gentle slopes in both directions along
the path. The area was badly burnt in bush fires in Jan 2006 and
doesn't really have much in the way of canopy. Most of the foliage on
trees is on young shoots growing from the trunks. It looks quite odd.
There was also significant wind further up the gorge as you could no
doubt hear.

I'm definitely still a beginner when it comes to recording, and I'm
just happy to get a recording without traffic noise!!  Mic
positioning and general technique is definitely something that I'm
going to have to work on.

I've installed a demo of Uniqui-lizer, so I'd be interested in
looking at what you did with the recording if you were prepared to
share your settings/or a preset?

cheers
Paul

On 05/07/2007, at 2:41 PM, Rob Danielson wrote:

> Its always a challenge for me to find a mic position to capture a
> loud caller like your Southern Brown Tree Frog and the background at
> the same time. I experimented with attenuating some of the
> penetrating "bite" in the Southern Brown Tree Frog call with ~9 very
> narrow "notches" of Eqium so that I could raise the volume of the
> background. Seems like there were some interesting echoes in that
> location. Rob D.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: