Re: Edirol R4 and batterypack

Subject: Re: Edirol R4 and batterypack
From: "blindman jones" xblindmanjones
Date: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:39 am ((PDT))
I use a 9V DVD battery with a custom cable I made myself. They come
under different names and different mAh...but all look exactly the
same... I am not with my gear now, but I am pretty sure I have the
Initial 9V 5400mAh... I got mine on a closeout last year when these
were not so cheap... I think I paid $40... and it is still running
perfect... I have not ever run out of juice running for several hours
at a time and have often been able to record several sessions over a
few days without a recharge... sorry I can't be specific for you, but
I think you get the idea that these batteries will last far longer
than the internal AA's.

This is what my battery looks like...
http://www.audio-discounters.com/dvd-u9.html

I keep a collection of AC adapters in a box and one of them had a nice
right angle plug that fit the R-4, another fit the battery...
snip,solder, heat shrink and I had the perfect cable to use... and as
oryoki2000 indicated, be sure to get the polarity correct.

I have been using this setup since June of last year and no ill
effects on the unit.

I was looking at one of these
http://www.tekkeon.com/site/products-mypowerall.php but from what I
have read so far, Tekkeon only makes adapters that are tip+ so i would
have to make another custom cable. I will wait for my current battery
to die before deciding.

Thanx,
Michael

--
michael jones * erleichda archiving * usa
shivering is the first step towards your destiny.....