Re: [gear] better recorder than 7xx?

Subject: Re: [gear] better recorder than 7xx?
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Mon May 28, 2007 7:29 pm ((PDT))
I have to say the one thing that has impressed me more than anything
with the Sound Devices is their customer support. Several hardware
upgrades have come out, and it's Sound Devices policy that these are
always free. Their firmware updates keep bringing new functionality
as well. Their engineers are very active on their forum site, and
they really listen closely to the customers.

I only wish they made a 4 track recorder with four preamps.

I imagine as time goes on we'll see gear getting smaller and smaller.
The Sonosax recorder looks intriguing, but I think it's a mistake to
use AA batteries. Battery life will mostly likely be marginal, making
an external battery required, which makes it a bit more cumbersome. I
wish more companies would do like Sound Devices and use a camcorder
battery, such a great idea.