Re: 16 Bit & 24 Bit recordings

Subject: Re: 16 Bit & 24 Bit recordings
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed May 23, 2007 10:36 pm ((PDT))
Why would they have 24 bit converters, Lou? Why have the facility of having
the option of recording in 16 bit without dither and 16 bit with dither in
the menu? I think they are original 16 bit samples. Look also at the size o=
each file, the 24 bit is considerably larger than the 16 bit examples.
In my opinion with recording nature sounds, you can not detect the
difference with the naked ear and my ears are pretty good. To compare these
recordings side by side in a listening room is virtually like telling a goo=
Irish whiskey from a good Scottish whisky.
I can record 16 bit with the Nagra too and still get the same results.
I honestly believe too much time and effort has been spent on this thread t=
no avail.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: