Re: Hearing

Subject: Re: Hearing
From: "Mike Feldman" gidney_n_cloyd
Date: Wed May 23, 2007 8:47 pm ((PDT))
Stuart wrote:

> With all these comments on quality of recording I believe it would be
> interesting to know what the hearing ability was of the recordists . I kn=
ow
> that mine cuts out at 5.5kh as a result of occupational hazards. However =
> still get enjoyment from my recordings that I can hear.

Amen!

Last year I went on an AES tour of the Shure Technical Center, and got
to enjoy their anechoic chamber.  I can still enjoy low and mid frequency
quite even though I walk around inside my own HF noise generator.  We also
got to see their project studio, and their no-holds-barred screening room.
In there, the did a demo of a blind listening comparison protocol they use
and as an example they played souce material with and without a low-pass
filter.  I could not hear any difference.  And yet I persist in doing a
live mix every week and somehow get away with it, and even enjoy it.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: