Shure WL183 mic questions.

Subject: Shure WL183 mic questions.
From: "jerkabobber" jerkabobber
Date: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:42 pm ((PDT))
Hello everybody. Dave here, you've been helping me through getting
started on buying equiptment. I think I'm 99% positive that I'm going
with the Sony MZ RH1 Hi-MD recorder.
Now, about the Mic(s)
Just about eveyone who has responded as far as what mic I should start
off with, highly reccomended the Shure WL 183's. As I was researching
them, I got a little confused... I had no idea up untill now that
they're made to plug into a power pack thingy that is unrelated. Then
I further researched and found that you have to modify there plugs.
So... just to double check, you buy 2 of these mics, chop off the
connections that come with it, and solder the pair together into a
male stereo jack to plug into the MD recorder. Is this correct?
I'm pretty sure I could do that, I just wanted to make sure that's
what everyone does who uses this combo? But, just incase I don't know
how to do that exactly, anyone have any links for wiring diagrams that
I can scope out? I don't want to mess this up after I buy them :)

Thanks everyone :)

Dave