Re: [gear] sightings at NAB

Subject: Re: [gear] sightings at NAB
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:17 pm ((PDT))
>I think I saw Dan Dugan being carried off by Brazilian samba dancers.
>But what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?

I went to the Beatles/Cirque du Soleil "LOVE" show at the Mirage last
night. Fabulous as always. It's a sound show--not only gut-thumping
surround sound in the arena that was purpose-built for the show but
also intimate channels in the seat backs. Except for one episode of a
distorted too-loud-for-the-speakers climax the mix was stunning. Much
use was made of isolated backing tracks and other Beatles audio
artifacts never before heard in public.

Subtle nature sounds were used in a music mix near the beginning,
differentiated by direction.

It's the first show where I've seen sound design credited above
lighting design! Made me proud of how my title has evolved.

-Dan Dugan

p.s. Nagra has the ARES-M II, which has 2GB of non-removable memory
in place of the 1, and they've fixed the 3.5mm too-far-recessed jack
problem.

-dD-