Re: mic windscreen tests from Army Research Lab

Subject: Re: mic windscreen tests from Army Research Lab
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:24 pm ((PST))
*      I would be interested to hear how your test goes- I would also expec=
> foam to hiss more than fur. The DPA Windpac is supposed to be good,
> without use of fur, but I've read it is only good with the front
> pointy side facing the wind, and not sideways. Maybe it could be
> mounted on a pivot, so it could weathervane into the wind? :-)

The windpac is excellent in the wind in any direction but as most
windjammers they are not good in the rain. For many years I have used "Hogs
hair" for rain protection, a little hard to get but it works the same as it
does on animals, the water is repelled away from the source.

I can't believe I'm writing this, just out of hospital with knee surgery!!!
Am I tripping!!!!!!!!!

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: