Re: mic windscreen tests from Army Research Lab

Subject: Re: mic windscreen tests from Army Research Lab
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 pm ((PST))
Sorry you got scammed out of 20 bucks, but thanks for pointing to that
report, as I had never seen it before.

It would have been nice if they had used a sweep of a wider range of
frequencies for their reference signal to see how each windscreen
performed at higher frequencies.  The foam might hiss kind of loud
with wind blowing across its textured surface.

I have kept a foam ball (3.5 in.) in my recording kit for the last
couple years meaning to test it for wind protection but never getting
around to actually doing it.  I will try to do some tests this weekend
using a house fan or perhaps outdoors in the natural wind.

John Hartog