Re: Clock test between HD-P2, 671 and SD722

Subject: Re: Clock test between HD-P2, 671 and SD722
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Fri Jan 5, 2007 2:47 am ((PST))
Yes, I also have a K6/ME66 that I can include into this comparison.
Unfortunetely, I have no MKH70.

>From my previous tests I can already say that both the MKH60 and the
K6/ME66 will make the small differences between the recorders even
more irrelevant.

As I already mentioned earlier, the most important audible difference
between the TASCAM HD-P2 and the SD7xxx series recorders is probably
the ability of the SoundDevices units to capture lower frequency
sounds (down to less than 10 Hz). In some situations, this improved
bass response might be important for making more naturally sounding
ambient recordings.

Regards,
Raimund