Re: Clock test between HD-P2, 671 and SD722

Subject: Re: Clock test between HD-P2, 671 and SD722
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Thu Jan 4, 2007 2:14 pm ((PST))
Klas Strandberg  wrote:

> Whatever it was, a distant truck causing resonance, perhaps - or the
> cut off frequencies - the rumble is so transparent that one can
> easily hear and evaluate the noise behind it.

> My question is: Is it the NT1A noise?

Yes, it should be the NT1A noise.

> Because if so, the test says nothing else than that the 671 adds
> noise on top of the NT1A noise
yes, of course...

and that the difference between Tascam
> noise and SD noise might be audible, if you feed them both with a
lower signal?

> Perhaps you should remake the test with a -20 db pad between the mic
> and the recorders?

I currently do not have all the three recorders anymore. I have tested
the various recorders also with a dummy resistor of 150 ohm and found
out that the small differences are irrelevant for me and my clients
(which mostly use K6/MExx series microphones). So, I must admit that
I'm a bit tired of all these noise tests...

Regards,
Raimund