Re: Comparison Test Zoom H4, Hi-MD & SD722 (was any further comments

Subject: Re: Comparison Test Zoom H4, Hi-MD & SD722 (was any further comments
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:01 pm ((PST))
You're very welcome. I also noticed that the H4's
noise extends quite low into the audio spectrum--
not the easier to filter narrower bands of hiss
~8KHz one gets with Hi-MD and better pres. It
will be good to add concrete "hear for yourself"
R-09 and PMD660 results to our comparisons.

As much as one can hope to weigh important
criteria and get a bargain, I think its fair to
say we get a lot _more_ than what we pay for
HiMD-- especially in terms of high gain and low
noise for recording in quiet settings. At
$160-$340/unit, Hi-MD allows one to get started
on a very small budget and possibly even start
with low noise mics.

The risks we take as buyers seem to be quite
considerable these days. I'm wondering if there
any way the group can figure out how to get an
FR-2LE Fostex when it comes in in January
_before_ anyone has bite the bullet and buy
one,..? Rob D.